IGM’s sustainability strategy helps us prioritize the topics that matter most to our business and our stakeholders. It provides direction on addressing these issues and holds us accountable for our progress and outcomes.
Our strategy focuses on three areas where we – as wealth and asset managers – can have the most significant impact. Underpinning everything we do is a commitment to responsible business practices.
IGM supports the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). Here are some 2022 highlights as we continue to progress our implementation:
• Management and Board had three meetings on sustainability and climate
• Participated in consultations about standardized climate reporting (International Sustainability Standards Board, Canadian Securities Administators, US Securities Exchange Commission)
• Integrated IGM’s sustainability and risk functions under one division
• Enhanced capacity for climate-related investment risk measurement and scenario analysis
• Mackenzie set interim targets for the Net Zero Asset Managers Initiative (NZAM)
Visit Corporate sustainability to learn more about our sustainability efforts.